You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't burn music to disk

I want to burn a playlist of songs I purchased and some I added to music files from CDs I purchased many years ago. They've always burned successfully and now I get a message, none of the songs can be burned to CD

So I look at the waring info and it says it's either an Apple Music song (which I paid for) or a cloud song.

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 6:59 AM

7 replies

Nov 20, 2020 1:11 PM in response to ed2345

Thank you for your reply.

They are all on my local drive. I have a mix of purchased through iTunes Store and songs I've pulled off of purchased CDs. I've burned CDs from my playlists within the last 8 months and haven't had this problem.

I hope Apple is not pulling the plug on tunes I purchased from either source.

The only reason I even burn CDs is because my 09 Murano Bluetooth is way out of date and don't want to spend the money to have it updated at the dealership. It's over $250. It won;'t work with the latest iPhone bluetooth in my iPhone 5 on up. Now I have an iPhone 8+.

I used to be able to play my iPod in my car but something even went wrong with that. Bought a new cable from a 3rd party Nissan factory parts resource ($56.00) and the cable didn't work. They wouldn't take it back.

So…I don't know what's wrong.

Dec 7, 2020 9:02 AM in response to ed2345

Since my last replies and being able to find some time to check into this more, I have found out from apple support for iTunes that, basically I've been robbed of over 3 grand. That's as in over $3,000.00. So I'm told the new procedure with Apple Music is the overwrite all my musics I PURCHASED over the years and some I pulled off CDs I BOUGHT many years back. So now because when I go to burn a CD, I get the message this songs being to Apple Music or something like that. THIS IS WRONG TO DO THIS.

I understand they are protecting copyrights because some idiots out there will burn CDs to sell or whatever. But nevertheless less, I paid for these songs and as I said in my previous post, the only reason I want to burn CDs is because I cannot play them in my 09 Murano. Apparently Bluetooth is an old version in my Murano and I don't want to spend $300 to upgrade it. I may not have it in 6 months to a year. So what do intend to do about this issue with Goliath? I'll have to look into it. Sad bee a Mac use since MacPlus and have spend mucho dollars with Apple since 1985.

Can't burn music to disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.