You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

move Notes from iCloud to iPhone

iphone 6s, 13.6

I just discovered that things were saving to the iCloud, which I do not want to use at all.

I went to move saved Notes from the cloud to the phone, but there is no "on my iPhone" folder in Notes, just ICLOUD "All iCloud".

please advise

iPhone 6s

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 8:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 3:56 AM

I had the same issue. I used your post and another found what needed to be done to move the files from iCloud to my phone. Go to settings and select Notes. Turn the “On my phone” back on. That was off for me. Then I was able to copy all of the iCloud notes to my phone and then remove then from iCloud and turn off the sync to the iCloud.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 27, 2020 3:56 AM in response to wb1962

I had the same issue. I used your post and another found what needed to be done to move the files from iCloud to my phone. Go to settings and select Notes. Turn the “On my phone” back on. That was off for me. Then I was able to copy all of the iCloud notes to my phone and then remove then from iCloud and turn off the sync to the iCloud.

Nov 17, 2020 8:07 AM in response to zinacef

Let me be more clear. I do not want to use the iCloud to store anything, not photos, not contacts, not data, not notes. The only thing I want to share through iCloud is the calendar with my wife. Nothing else.

In fact, I was pretty upset to see my photos in the cloud because I specifically bypassed that step when I set up the phone.

That said...

How I can I store Notes only locally on my iPhone? Not my PC and definitely not the iCloud.

Thank you

move Notes from iCloud to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.