You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to transfer to a new phone

I generally buy new phones thru my carrier, this time I bought from Apple. How do I set up my new phone keeping my old number? Do I need to switch sim cards and/or advise mu carrier? I’ve backed up the data on iCloud but not sure how to start the transfer process. Thanks

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 8:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 8:31 PM

Transfer Data from old iPhone to new-

Good thing that you have backed up your iPhone on iCloud. It will certainly come in handy to restore your new iPhone from that backup. More details below.

You will need to remove the active and working SIM card from your old iPhone and install it in your new iPhone. You can do that either at the beginning of the transfer method or after.

Method 1 - Backup your old iPhone on your computer like this ➔ How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and then Restore your new iPhone from that backup like this ➔ Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Method 2 - The Quick Start method and here is how to do that ➔ Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 15, 2020 8:31 PM in response to flav1717

Transfer Data from old iPhone to new-

Good thing that you have backed up your iPhone on iCloud. It will certainly come in handy to restore your new iPhone from that backup. More details below.

You will need to remove the active and working SIM card from your old iPhone and install it in your new iPhone. You can do that either at the beginning of the transfer method or after.

Method 1 - Backup your old iPhone on your computer like this ➔ How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and then Restore your new iPhone from that backup like this ➔ Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Method 2 - The Quick Start method and here is how to do that ➔ Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Axel F.

how to transfer to a new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.