You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth on iPhone 12 not working well with hearing aids

I used my Bernafon Zerena hearing aids with my previous iPhone X for 2 years without any real problems.

Since I switched to the iPhone 12, I've had several issues. The Bluetooth connection will cut out, then will reconnect - on one or both of the hearing aids. Also, there is often static when first starting a stream over Bluetooth. I need to turn off Bluetooth, then turn it back on in order to clear the static.

Has anyone experienced the same issues? Is this a software issue with the phone? Has the Bluetooth chip changed? Not sure how to fix this.

iPhone

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 2:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 3:11 PM

Doug ~ "Apple is aware of this issue and will provide a fix in a future software update." Source:

If your Made for iPhone hearing device has sound quality issues when connected to an iPhone 12 model

...Also:

"I have been in contact with Apple and they said they are getting closer to a fix. Until then I was told to go into settings - accessibility - Hearing Devices - top item, MFI hearing devices - Uncheck “Stream to left hearing device”. Do this until we get an update fix. I have not had the static noise since I did this. You will only hear with your right hearing aid until it is fixed." [Source]

õ¿õ¬

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 14, 2020 3:11 PM in response to DougEfr3sh

Doug ~ "Apple is aware of this issue and will provide a fix in a future software update." Source:

If your Made for iPhone hearing device has sound quality issues when connected to an iPhone 12 model

...Also:

"I have been in contact with Apple and they said they are getting closer to a fix. Until then I was told to go into settings - accessibility - Hearing Devices - top item, MFI hearing devices - Uncheck “Stream to left hearing device”. Do this until we get an update fix. I have not had the static noise since I did this. You will only hear with your right hearing aid until it is fixed." [Source]

õ¿õ¬

Bluetooth on iPhone 12 not working well with hearing aids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.