You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2017 not charging after Big Sur update.

MacBook Pro 2017 not charging after Big Sur update. Rotating USBC adaptor didn't work. Changing outlets didn't work. Changing wall adaptors didn't work. Just continues to say "Battery Is Not Charging." Any solutions?

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 11:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 11:22 AM

I have a 2019 16" MBP which I use to professionally develop apps and I too am struggling with charging the laptop.

It often says "Battery not charging" and I have even gone into the System Preferences and disabled any software management of the battery as well as rotating USB-C ports and trying my second charger but it seems doing *anything* slightly taxing on the CPU such as running XCode will now drain more power than the laptop is taking in.

This is critical and I need some answers please Apple as my work-day has become a lot more complicated by having to completely power off the laptop and not use it for an hour just to charge it up again...

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 16, 2020 11:22 AM in response to Community User

I have a 2019 16" MBP which I use to professionally develop apps and I too am struggling with charging the laptop.

It often says "Battery not charging" and I have even gone into the System Preferences and disabled any software management of the battery as well as rotating USB-C ports and trying my second charger but it seems doing *anything* slightly taxing on the CPU such as running XCode will now drain more power than the laptop is taking in.

This is critical and I need some answers please Apple as my work-day has become a lot more complicated by having to completely power off the laptop and not use it for an hour just to charge it up again...

MacBook Pro 2017 not charging after Big Sur update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.