You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t i turn on my wifi on my iPhone 6? And how possibly can i fix it?

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 9:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 7:17 AM

Hey Myllo7,

If we understand correctly, you're unable to turn on your Wi-Fi on your iPhone due to the setting being grayed out. For this, start with restarting your iPhone as this can resolve many issues: Restart your iPhone

Then, we'll want to ensure that your iPhone is updated. Since you're not able to use Wi-Fi, you'll want to update using a computer. Be sure to back up first:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're still unable to turn on Wi-Fi, reset the network settings. This will reset all network settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings. Be sure you have your passwords handy before resetting. When you're ready, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

If you're still not able to turn on Wi-Fi you'll want to have your iPhone serviced. To look into your available options reach Apple Support here: Get Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 7, 2020 7:17 AM in response to Myllo7

Hey Myllo7,

If we understand correctly, you're unable to turn on your Wi-Fi on your iPhone due to the setting being grayed out. For this, start with restarting your iPhone as this can resolve many issues: Restart your iPhone

Then, we'll want to ensure that your iPhone is updated. Since you're not able to use Wi-Fi, you'll want to update using a computer. Be sure to back up first:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're still unable to turn on Wi-Fi, reset the network settings. This will reset all network settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings. Be sure you have your passwords handy before resetting. When you're ready, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

If you're still not able to turn on Wi-Fi you'll want to have your iPhone serviced. To look into your available options reach Apple Support here: Get Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.