You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Instagram notifications

I have no Instagram notifications since yesterday on my iPhone XR it is a new phone that I just bought when I install the phone all was working perfectly but at night Instagram notifications stop showing up I tried everything: Delete the app. Restart the phone. Everything please I really need helppppp

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 7:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 8:02 PM

Ever since upgraded my iPhone from an X to a 12 pro, I have not been able to receive notifications from Instagram and only Instagram. Every other app on my phone works perfectly fine and I am puzzled by this. I have to click into the app to find that I have DMs or followers request & etc.

I have done everything I could possibly do and think of. Googled for solutions but all the solutions online are simply just telling you to restart your phone.

I have:

- Made sure all notifications are ON (phone settings and app settings)

- Restarted my phone several times

- Deleted and reinstalled Instagram several times

- Signed out from Instagram from all devices

- Changed my password

- As the last resort i restored my phone

This seriously annoys me and I don’t know what to do anymore. I hope there will be a solution for this.

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 28, 2020 8:02 PM in response to gman91478

Ever since upgraded my iPhone from an X to a 12 pro, I have not been able to receive notifications from Instagram and only Instagram. Every other app on my phone works perfectly fine and I am puzzled by this. I have to click into the app to find that I have DMs or followers request & etc.

I have done everything I could possibly do and think of. Googled for solutions but all the solutions online are simply just telling you to restart your phone.

I have:

- Made sure all notifications are ON (phone settings and app settings)

- Restarted my phone several times

- Deleted and reinstalled Instagram several times

- Signed out from Instagram from all devices

- Changed my password

- As the last resort i restored my phone

This seriously annoys me and I don’t know what to do anymore. I hope there will be a solution for this.

Nov 2, 2020 9:10 AM in response to RyanRalph

Make sure notifications are switched on for Instagram in settings > notifications > Instagram.

Also make sure do not disturb is switched off, you have a reliable internet connection and you have the latest version of Instagram installed on your device.

If it’s still not working the only plausible explanation is that you simply don’t have any Instagram notifications, and are therefore not receiving any.

Nov 7, 2020 1:09 PM in response to RyanRalph

It seems like a lot of people have this same issues. I’ve done everything with my phone (toggle notifications, set “Do Not Disturb” off, delete and reinstall Instagram, etc.). The only I haven’t done, and refuse to do, is factory reset my phone. This is clearly an issue with either the app, iOS 14, or both... probably both. Good luck getting either to admit there’s a coding/software bug or offer any advice besides having you check if notifications are turned on.

Dec 23, 2020 11:43 AM in response to Bordridr

New development: this is also an issue with Discord. I at least get notifications in Notification Center for Discord (nothing for Instagram) but no Badge icons. Yes, I have Badge icons enabled for Discord. No, that doesn’t seem to matter. So, with both Instagram and Discord having badge icon notification issues, I’m starting to think Apple’s iOS team should look into this as well as Instagram and Discord.

Jan 10, 2021 7:20 AM in response to MehmethanErduran

Nope. And I’ve had issues with other apps not showing badge notifications (but at least popping up in the Notification Center). If I had to assume, it’s something with iOS 14 that isn’t working well with Instagram and any other non-Apple owned app. And neither Apple or the app creators will admit their app is the issue. It definitely doesn’t help that Instagram is owned by Facebook and that Facebook is a big POS that only cares about ad revenue.

No Instagram notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.