You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes freezes when right-clicking on a song

I have noticed for the past few weeks that sometimes, when I right-click on a song, iTunes freezes completely, does not respond to anything; if it was playing music, it keeps on doing it, but the song length counter also freezes. It may take more than 10 minutes to recover.

It doesnt always happen. I've used it fine for the last few days, but I updated it with the latest version (can't check it now because guess what, it is completely frozen) and this annoying problem returned.

I am at a total loss as to what the problem (or, more importantly, the solution) can be.

Of course I have uninstalled it, re-installed it, "repaired" it (with Windows 10's configuration tools...

HELP!!!!

(I don't know whether you need my system specifications, but it has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago)

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 5:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 8:08 AM

I have the same problem today on a new Mac laptop. MUSIC freezes consistently with each right-click for any reason, something that until recently, I've done without any problems.

2 replies

iTunes freezes when right-clicking on a song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.