You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Apogee Plugin prompts when opening Logic Pro

When I open Logic, I get Apogee FX Rack windows (5) that open asking for Activation of plugins I don't have. They were never installed, and now I don't use Apogee anymore. I deleted all Apogee files I could find. What am I missing?

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 9:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 12:21 PM

Sounds like the Apogee FX Rack Component is perhaps the issue (the plugin that hosts the individual Apogee plugins). Have you deleted this? (Library > Audio > Plugins > Components > Apogee FX Rack Component).

Failing that, I'd contact Apogee support on this one... they'll know where any other hidden files may reside!

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 28, 2020 12:21 PM in response to Satori Bob

Sounds like the Apogee FX Rack Component is perhaps the issue (the plugin that hosts the individual Apogee plugins). Have you deleted this? (Library > Audio > Plugins > Components > Apogee FX Rack Component).

Failing that, I'd contact Apogee support on this one... they'll know where any other hidden files may reside!

Oct 28, 2020 11:22 AM in response to Wilddrums

Thanks for the quick response. I've run the Element uninstaller through restart, the Activation windows are still coming up on Logic open. The weird thing is that I never bought those plugins. They are paid plugins and Apogee prompted me to buy them but I didn't. For some reason the window asking me to Activate them (buy and register them) keeps coming up. I will try the Apogee forum.

Oct 28, 2020 11:36 AM in response to Satori Bob

Check your Plugin Manager (Logic X menu > Preferences > Plugin Manager)... if there's any Apogee plugins listed, uncheck them - this should get rid of the prompts when re-starting Logic. If there are any Apogee plugins listed... they must have been installed at some stage, (either as demos, or part of a hardware install). If you really don't want them on your system, use Spotlight to find all traces & trash them!

Problem with Apogee Plugin prompts when opening Logic Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.