You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

boot camp assistant stuck on partition

So yesterday I started the boot camp assistant on setting up windows boot camp. I left it over night deleting icloud caches to make space for it. (My mac is extremely slow and is a separate issue that im working on) I woke up today to find it ready for me to choose the size of the boot camp. I select it so it was about half and then left it to partition the disk. I went out for the day (I spend 10 hours today away from home). I left the mac doing in this. It may have gone to sleep but when I come back, it seems as if it hasn't gotten anywhere.

The only other thing it could be is that this morning I was also using a windows virtual machine that was (I think) using the same windows iso file and also the fact that I tried doing this a few times but after clearing the caches took so long, I just aborted it. But I doubt that would really effect it.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 11:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 8:41 PM

• What is the year/model of your Mac (do not post the serial number)?
  • What is the current macOS version?
  • What is the name of the W10 ISO?
  • Does your Mac have a mechanical hard drive?

Similar questions

2 replies

boot camp assistant stuck on partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.