You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I back up my phone?

How do I back up my iPhone 11 phone?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 11:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 11:48 AM

See the instructions in How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies

Oct 24, 2020 3:56 PM in response to Zpat10

Hello Zpat10,

To back up your iPhone, please follow these steps:

1: Open Settings

2: Underneath the “Search Bar” in settings you’ll see your name associated with your Apple ID. Tap that.

3: Then scroll down until you see iCloud. (It has a picture with a blue cloud with a white background)

4: Scroll down until you see “iCloud Backup,” it should be an arrow going counter clockwise. Then tap it.

5: Then you’ll see a switch and I want you to slide it til it’s green.

6: Underneath that switch you’ll see a button that says “Back Up Now,” tap that.

7: Then it’ll backup, it usually takes about 5 or so minutes, but will take longer if you are uploading more data (i.e. Photos).

You can decide what you want to back up when you press the bottom at the top left that says “iCloud.” From there scroll up and slide the stuff you want saved and the stuff you don’t (If you want it backed up it’ll be green, if you don’t want it backed up it’ll be grey or light grey). For other apps like Adobe or a specific game, just keep scrolling down on the iCloud menu.

If you need anymore help just ask.

Have a great day 🙂,

-Caden W.

How do I back up my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.