You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overheating

I just got my MacBook Pro 13 a month ago and found it overheating in my backpack. It apparently does not go into sleep mode when I close it like I have with my other laptop. It also overheat fast when I’m running zoom conferences.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 12:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 6:32 AM

I always shut down my computer when putting it in enclosed spaces like a backpack.

You could try an SMC reset if the power is not performing correctly: How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies

Oct 23, 2020 7:37 AM in response to wendah160

wendah160 wrote:

I just got my MacBook Pro 13 a month ago and found it overheating in my backpack. It apparently does not go into sleep mode when I close it like I have with my other laptop. It also overheat fast when I’m running zoom conferences.

>System Preferences>Energy Saver>Battery

Try making changes here—

Change Energy Saver preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.