You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi

Please help me.

My apple TV does not recognise my bluetooth headphones.

i updated the software and I went to settings / General/ Bluetooth

It is searching but it does not find it

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 1:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 3:24 PM

Sorry the ONLY bluetooth device a 3rd generation Apple TV supports is a bluetooth keyboard. If you want to use your headphones you need to upgrade to an Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K.

I have both Apple TV 3rd generations and a Apple TV 4K, the 4K can now support 2 pair of AirPods or AirPods Pro simultaneously.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 15, 2020 3:24 PM in response to ClauTango

Sorry the ONLY bluetooth device a 3rd generation Apple TV supports is a bluetooth keyboard. If you want to use your headphones you need to upgrade to an Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K.

I have both Apple TV 3rd generations and a Apple TV 4K, the 4K can now support 2 pair of AirPods or AirPods Pro simultaneously.

Oct 15, 2020 1:59 PM in response to ClauTango

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Bluetooth headphones are supported for the Apple TV (4th generation or later).

To pair bluetooth devices: Use Bluetooth accessories with your Apple TV - Apple Support

Verify that your headphones are in pairing mode (i.e. discoverable and ready for pairing). There is often a button for that.

hi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.