You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not functional after latest update

Hello, I had recently updated my phone (yes I also did the big fix update) and I can hardly use my phone without it shutting off and on by itself and once it does come on my apps are no longer visible on the screen. It’s slow and freezes, I can’t use any of my apps and I can’t even text from it. It doesn’t have any physical damage and I haven’t even had this phone for a year. None of this occurred before the latest update.

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 12:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 1:24 AM

Please follow the steps in the following link for support with this issue: If your iOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly

2 replies

Oct 14, 2020 4:26 AM in response to jazzcbr

Mines freezes during text message conversations. Sometimes the text message won’t open, it will get stuck as soon as you press the icon. I’ve updated my phone every time the update released and this was the result (frozen text). It has become very annoying, I can literally see the text message I’m about to reply to but the screen is frisée, FOR MINUTES at a time. And I have over 30GB of memory left, and I have a IPhone 11 Pro Max. Your help is greatly appreciated. Oh, several of my peers are having the same issue in my other group chats.

iPhone not functional after latest update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.