You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health App Memory Issues

My father-in-law has a 16GB iPhone 6S and an early series Apple Watch. He bought the Apple Watch series 6/yesterday but we can’t linking to his phone because it is currently running ios13.6.1.

The phone won’t update because the memory is up to capacity. I’ve checked the storage and the Health app is sucking up 2.29GB of documents and data and a further 1.55GB of date. I’ve tried deleting the data and removed the previous watch, but the data seems to be increasing rather than decreasing.

I'm baffled!

Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 8:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 8:52 AM

It’s a known bug; the best approach is to wait for it to be fixed. The alternative is to back up the phone, then set it up as new and restore the backup you just made.

If you choose to back up to your computer you must check Encrypt Backup and write down the password, because there is no way to recover it if you forget it. Health & Activity data are not included in an unencrypted computer backup. They are included in an iCloud backup, however.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2020 8:52 AM in response to Crazy-Driver

It’s a known bug; the best approach is to wait for it to be fixed. The alternative is to back up the phone, then set it up as new and restore the backup you just made.

If you choose to back up to your computer you must check Encrypt Backup and write down the password, because there is no way to recover it if you forget it. Health & Activity data are not included in an unencrypted computer backup. They are included in an iCloud backup, however.

Health App Memory Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.