You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone will not charge

Brand new and will not charge

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 3:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 12:22 PM

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201569

2 replies

Oct 9, 2020 7:18 AM in response to Wiltoner

well, with what you provided i'd suggest maybe a couple things, if it turns on maybe try restarting the phone by holding the volume up button and the power button and swiping/sliding the thing that says "slide to power off" (i don't think this'll actually work because charging is technically above the system (if you were to think of everything as one big hierarchy), if you ignore the fact that the system can control the charge (in a way)), another thing you could do is try different charging cords and bricks, or maybe if you for some reason do not use apple's own charger bricks and cables maybe try using them and see if that works, and the ultimate test is to try it on a wireless charging pad, if everything fails except for the wireless charging pad, that means that its probably your phone's charger port somehow, if nothing works at all, then its either a really bad software bug, a fake phone (if you didn't get it from apple or an authorized seller), or its faulty, also another thing to try if your only trying this on one charger cable is maybe try flipping the charger cable, maybe one end of the charger cord has a burnt pin (rare but it can happen), i hope this helps and if not you can always ask more questions or, better yet, try contacting apple themselves because tbh they could do a lot more than anyone else in apple discussions, you can start the process of contacting apple at https://getsupport.apple.com and just follow the steps (like taping on iphone, repairs and physical damage, the topic is not listed, typing a short explanation of your problem and pressing continue, then select what option you'd like to do, you could chat, call them, send your phone in for repair, or bring it in for repair, but in my opinion i'd suggest you press chat first and if the person guiding you isn't able to fix it (through the troubleshooting tips they'd probably provide), then they'll help you set up a repair from there), i hope this helps and your able to get your phone to charge soon and if you have any other questions, comments, or anything, feel free to ask/say and i or someone else would love to help further.

Phone will not charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.