You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change the icloud email linked to my apple ID?

How to change the icloud email linked to my apple ID ?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 1:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 1:41 AM

First understand that you can use either your iCloud Email or some third-party email as your Apple ID.

1. You cannot change the primary @icloud.com address on an iCloud account, but you can change the Apple ID - see 2. and 3.
  2. If the Apple ID itself is a non-Apple third-party address you can change it, Change your Apple ID - Apple Support
  3. If the Apple ID itself is an Apple @icloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com address you can't,
  4. You can create up to three additional email aliases @icloud.com Use email aliases on iCloud.com - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 8, 2020 1:41 AM in response to zeinab248

First understand that you can use either your iCloud Email or some third-party email as your Apple ID.

1. You cannot change the primary @icloud.com address on an iCloud account, but you can change the Apple ID - see 2. and 3.
  2. If the Apple ID itself is a non-Apple third-party address you can change it, Change your Apple ID - Apple Support
  3. If the Apple ID itself is an Apple @icloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com address you can't,
  4. You can create up to three additional email aliases @icloud.com Use email aliases on iCloud.com - Apple Support

how to change the icloud email linked to my apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.