You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch touch screen is unresponsive

After the most recent software update (watch os 7.1) my series 4 watch stopped responding to touch. I tried a hard reset and a full reset and restore. All to no avail. Apple support said it’s a hardware issues via chat, but that seams highly unlikely due to the watch working before bed just fine and then not working upon waking the next day to new software.

[Edited by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 8:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 10:56 AM

since Apple tech support told me it was a hardware issue (wrong) Iwent out and bought a new series 6 It would not allow me to load my backup onto it. not sure why. so I unpaired my old watch from my phone, and did a full reset (3rd time) and this time when it started up the touch screen worked. I loaded my backup onto it and it's working fine. I returned to new watch to target (great return policy btw)

So, FYI apple techs... this was not a hardware issue!

just keep reseting and unpairing until it becomes responsive. took me 4 tries)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2020 10:56 AM in response to jpdnjs

since Apple tech support told me it was a hardware issue (wrong) Iwent out and bought a new series 6 It would not allow me to load my backup onto it. not sure why. so I unpaired my old watch from my phone, and did a full reset (3rd time) and this time when it started up the touch screen worked. I loaded my backup onto it and it's working fine. I returned to new watch to target (great return policy btw)

So, FYI apple techs... this was not a hardware issue!

just keep reseting and unpairing until it becomes responsive. took me 4 tries)

Apple Watch touch screen is unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.