You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

camera

My iPhone XS camera is shattered. On the website, I can't find how much it would cost to solve this problem, or if it is even possible. Can anyone help me?

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 6:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 6:24 AM

Hey!

Regarding your question, Apple or AASPs won't replace the camera lens on the iPhone. You'd have to get a unit replacement. If you have AppleCare, I'm not sure it will cover the unit replacement, but it might. If it doesn't, you can expect around $549, and if you choose to go through an AASP, you may have to pay a diagnostics fee (usually $40 depending on where you go).

However, if AppleCare does cover it, it'll be a flat fee of $99.

Check out Apple's website! iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support and look under Other Repairs.

Best of luck!

-- TurtleGlo

EDIT: I forgot to mention tax. If the AppleCare does cover it, it can be around $107.17, but that varies by state.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2020 6:24 AM in response to suzeri

Hey!

Regarding your question, Apple or AASPs won't replace the camera lens on the iPhone. You'd have to get a unit replacement. If you have AppleCare, I'm not sure it will cover the unit replacement, but it might. If it doesn't, you can expect around $549, and if you choose to go through an AASP, you may have to pay a diagnostics fee (usually $40 depending on where you go).

However, if AppleCare does cover it, it'll be a flat fee of $99.

Check out Apple's website! iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support and look under Other Repairs.

Best of luck!

-- TurtleGlo

EDIT: I forgot to mention tax. If the AppleCare does cover it, it can be around $107.17, but that varies by state.

camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.