You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4k Home Videos on Apple TV 4k

I've taken videos on my iPhone XS in 4k - both 30 and 60 FPS. I use Final Curt Pro to edit and join the clips into one home video. I've tried exporting as "Master File," "Apple Devices," "4K" (using Compressor). The resultant QuickTime file (.mov or .m4v) shows the correct dimensions: 3840 x 2160. I share the iTunes library from the iMac (2016) to the Apple TV 4k. Other 1080p files play flawlessly, but when I choose a 4k video, a message appears on the Apple TV: "This content cannot be played because its format is not compatible with Apple TV."

No videos include both 30 and 60 FPS clips, nor do they include any clips shot in 1080p.

All HDMI cables are new High Speed Belkin cables sold at the Apple Store.

The TV is a new Samsung 4k TV. The Audio and Video Preferences from Apple TV show 4k UHD. The HDMI cable test passes.

I've reset and restored the Apple TV 4k. The issue persists.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 7:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 11:37 PM

Apple’s documentation only mentions the Photos app.

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

What's new in tvOS 14
AirPlay: Use AirPlay to stream content from the Photos app on your iPhone to your Apple TV 4K so you can share your favorite photos and videos in full 4K resolution.
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 28, 2020 11:37 PM in response to claybrowne

Apple’s documentation only mentions the Photos app.

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

What's new in tvOS 14
AirPlay: Use AirPlay to stream content from the Photos app on your iPhone to your Apple TV 4K so you can share your favorite photos and videos in full 4K resolution.

4k Home Videos on Apple TV 4k

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.