You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rapidly Running out of Space on Catalina

I am on Catalina 10.15.6, Macbook Pro (15-inch, 2017).

I have about 55 GB of free space available. However since this morning I have noticed that this space rapidly starts to reduce at about 1 MB per second! This is without launching any application. I am monitoring the usage on CleanMyMac.

However when I restart my machine, the space is restored and the cycle starts all over again. Is there some way of finding out what is consuming the free space?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 4:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 4:32 AM

1) Uninstall Clean My Mac, such programs generally do more harm than good.

2) Check Apple menu > About this Mac > Storage. If ‘Other’ is large and/or increasing in size, see What is “Other” storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out?

5 replies

Sep 23, 2020 6:01 AM in response to neuroanatomist

@neuronatomist thanks for this. I uninstalled CleanMyMac and installed Disk Inventory X as mentioned in your other post.

After some trying, I have discovered the offending folder:

The size of the session folder is increasing constantly. I presume it has something to do with iCloud and syncing. The size of this folder is now 6.1 GB and 10 minutes ago it was roughly 3 GB. I have no idea what client.db or client.db-wal are or is it even safe to delete them. What do you reckon?

Rapidly Running out of Space on Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.