You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fitness App not working, version 7, watchOS 7

Mid-day yesterday the fitness app on my watch stopped working. I was as if it was frozen; everything appeared normal, but it stopped updating new actvity.

Today is no different. I’ve been up for several hours, but it has recorded No activity all day.

I tried restarting my watch and iPhone. But that had no effect.

Now when I launch the fitness app I get a blank screen with the time in the upper right corner. When I launch the app on my iPhone under Summary, everything looks normal, except the activity wheel is dark. When I switch to a clock face that includes the activity complication, the wheel is dark and/or it says “Loading”.

Suggestions?

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 9:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 5:48 AM

Yes, the solution is to unpair and then re-pair your watch. To do this you need to go into the watch app on your phone. Tap General. Go all the way to the bottom and tap Reset. Follow the instructions that follow.

When you reset your watch it unpairs from your phone. If you have a cellular plan on your watch you will be given a chance to retain that plan. I assume you’ll get another set-up charge from your service provider if you don’t retain your plan.

Once the reset is complete you’ll need to pair your watch and phone again as you did when it was new, including plugging it in to your charger.

This worked well for our watches. It should work for you too.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2020 5:48 AM in response to Dynamix01

Yes, the solution is to unpair and then re-pair your watch. To do this you need to go into the watch app on your phone. Tap General. Go all the way to the bottom and tap Reset. Follow the instructions that follow.

When you reset your watch it unpairs from your phone. If you have a cellular plan on your watch you will be given a chance to retain that plan. I assume you’ll get another set-up charge from your service provider if you don’t retain your plan.

Once the reset is complete you’ll need to pair your watch and phone again as you did when it was new, including plugging it in to your charger.

This worked well for our watches. It should work for you too.

Fitness App not working, version 7, watchOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.