You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Safari opens with..." gives only 2 choices in Safari 14/Catalina

I had been using the beta of Safari 14 for Catalina 10.15.6 and the GM was installed earlier this week. In the beta and now in the finished version, I only get two options: "All windows from last session" and "All non-private windows from last session". In previous versions of Safari, I also had "A new window" and "A new private window".

I created a test account in Catalina on this 2020 iMac and I see all four options there in Safari 14.

I have combed through the settings and can't see anything that would limit my options. What am I missing?

Thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 2:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 2:30 PM

Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > General > and put a check mark in front of "Close windows when quitting an app." That will result in all 4 options being available in Safari.

2 replies

"Safari opens with..." gives only 2 choices in Safari 14/Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.