You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Pro - automatic switching to MacBook Air not working

I have the latest iOS14 update which includes the Spatial sound and automatic device switching feature for AirPods Pro. I also have a MacBook Air running on Catalina 10.15.16. I'd like to know if the MacBook Air is included in the list of devices that have support for automatic switching of devices when using AirPods Pro? It doesn't seem to switch to my MacBook Air, so I'm wondering if it's something I've not configured correctly or whether the MacBook Air does not support this feature, as yet. Any information on this would be very useful. Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 11:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 5:11 PM

Hey I am having the same issue. accept I have the Big Sur beta and even with that and the official IOS 14 it does not still seem to be working. im not sure what im missing. or if its cuz the Mac is still in beta or not but its extremely frustrating as I was so excited for this feature

1 reply

Airpods Pro - automatic switching to MacBook Air not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.