You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My battery life is shorter and the battery is warmer with iOS 14

is there anyone who experiences warmer and shorter battery usage after ios 14 loading?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 6:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 11:22 AM

Hi ike2018,

Thanks for the post! Battery life is definitely important. We understand your battery life appears to be shorter recently after updating.

Have you noticed any changes since posting here, or are you still finding the battery life is shorter than expected?

Generally speaking, your device may become warmer while in use, so that sounds likely to be normal as shown here: Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

Regarding battery life, we suggest starting here: About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. You can use the guidance there to determine if any particular apps are using significant battery resources.

Let us know what you find!

Best wishes.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 22, 2020 11:22 AM in response to ike2018

Hi ike2018,

Thanks for the post! Battery life is definitely important. We understand your battery life appears to be shorter recently after updating.

Have you noticed any changes since posting here, or are you still finding the battery life is shorter than expected?

Generally speaking, your device may become warmer while in use, so that sounds likely to be normal as shown here: Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

Regarding battery life, we suggest starting here: About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. You can use the guidance there to determine if any particular apps are using significant battery resources.

Let us know what you find!

Best wishes.

Sep 25, 2020 6:51 AM in response to ike2018

Ok. Gonna try that.

Got into contact with apple support and kept asking me for screenshots of battery activity and if I’m using Apple branded lightning cable etc. I asked them for solutions and if they have had seen any other issues from other users but they never responded on that. Disappointed with them not answering that. But anyway the community always have better solutions than the actual company

My battery life is shorter and the battery is warmer with iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.