You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieve photos from broken device not on icloud

Is there ANY way possible to get my un-backed-up photos off my phone that wont turn on? The phone is stuck on the apple logo screen, I've already worked with apple support and they say I have to reset/recover the phone which will erase all info. I CANNOT loose these photos and was unable to back them up in icloud. Is there some way to get them? I am desperate!

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 12:05 AM

2 replies

Sep 17, 2020 12:17 AM in response to BeckyD1991

this happened to mine a year ago. I tried it all and mine was stuck on the exact page. Finally I went to Verizon and told them my iPhone was broken and stuck on a screen. Then they did this: Have you tried:

Press and hold the volume down and on/off button simultaneously for ten seconds. Release the on/off button; hold volume down for ten seconds. If your screen is blank, your iPhone is in DFU mode.

if you see it’s in DFU mode I think it’s too late and pics might be gone. Believe me I had a iPhone that I couldn’t turn on since the battery charging port was ruined so I couldn’t charge my iPhone. But thankfully now there are wireless chargers. I hope you get your pics back! So sorry!

THIS worked for me when the Verizon rep did it. Guess it happens often to iPhones just a computer system thing which seems to happen when your phone is too full of data such as downloaded music, movies and photos too.

Sep 17, 2020 12:37 AM in response to Jenniferpyon75

You could try using some software called Phone Rescue. I had a corrupt backup file and after an IOS update, lost access to my phone data. I was in panic mode for a few days trying to recover my data, then found this data. It will identify your phone connected to your pc, then aim to rebuild each piece of data set, whether it apps, photos, message library........

https://www.imobie.com/phonerescue/

Retrieve photos from broken device not on icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.