You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does i cloud not download music to my iphone

why does i cloud not download music to my iphone?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 5:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 8:13 AM

edstrains wrote:

I didn't see itunes match it just says Music on the Icon so I assume it's Apple Music

They are paid subscription plans.

If your missing music was purchased from iTunes, sign in to iTunes on the phone. Otherwise sync your music from your Mac using the directions I pointed to earlier.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2020 8:13 AM in response to edstrains

edstrains wrote:

I didn't see itunes match it just says Music on the Icon so I assume it's Apple Music

They are paid subscription plans.

If your missing music was purchased from iTunes, sign in to iTunes on the phone. Otherwise sync your music from your Mac using the directions I pointed to earlier.

Sep 16, 2020 7:58 AM in response to edstrains

edstrains wrote:

I have an Imac 2013 model with Catalina in it I also have a PC with itunes.
When I got my Iphone 8 all my music and files transfered properly to it now there has been several updates to the phone and I think a couple to catalina well after that if a add new music on my mac it doesn't transfer to my phone.

Imac 2013 model 32 gig memory
1 TB internal 4 TB external

PC Intel I7
32 gig memory
240 SSD 1 TB HD
OS Windows 10

iCloud does not transfer or store music.

You did not answer my question about Apple Music or iTunes Match.

macOS Catalina uses Finder to sync music to your phone. iCloud is not involved unless you have Apple Music or iTunes Match, which is still unknown.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT210611

Sep 16, 2020 7:52 AM in response to LACAllen

I have an Imac 2013 model with Catalina in it I also have a PC with itunes.

When I got my Iphone 8 all my music and files transfered properly to it now there has been several updates to the phone and I think a couple to catalina well after that if a add new music on my mac it doesn't transfer to my phone.

Imac 2013 model 32 gig memory

1 TB internal 4 TB external

PC Intel I7

32 gig memory

240 SSD 1 TB HD

OS Windows 10

why does i cloud not download music to my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.