You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot passcode on iPhone x !

Hello, I’m deneth. I used to have 2 iPhones ( iphone x, xs max)with under my apple id for a long time.after changed my passcode on iphone x unfortunately i forgot passcode here is my question I’ve not backup my phone recently what can i do for fix without losing data? Both device connected with two

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 6:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 4:05 PM

Hey deneth209,

We see that you have forgotten your passcode for your iPhone X and are concerned about data loss. We would love to provide some guidance to you in regards to your concerns.

To verify if you have had your data previously backed up using the iCloud backup services, sign in to the Official iCloud Website with your Apple ID credentials to see what information is able to be recovered: Official iCloud Website

You also can verify if you have ever backed your iPhone up to your computer (if you have one) using iTunes: Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you are unable to locate any of your data using one of the above approaches then unfortunately you will not be able to retrieve this data as you have forgotten the passcode. If you choose to restore the iPhone to remove the forgotten passcode prompt then you will lose the data stored on the iPhone because it will be returned back to factory default.

If you would like to move forward with restoring the iPhone so that you are able to use it again, follow the steps of this provided resource: If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

Best wishes!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2020 4:05 PM in response to deneth209

Hey deneth209,

We see that you have forgotten your passcode for your iPhone X and are concerned about data loss. We would love to provide some guidance to you in regards to your concerns.

To verify if you have had your data previously backed up using the iCloud backup services, sign in to the Official iCloud Website with your Apple ID credentials to see what information is able to be recovered: Official iCloud Website

You also can verify if you have ever backed your iPhone up to your computer (if you have one) using iTunes: Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you are unable to locate any of your data using one of the above approaches then unfortunately you will not be able to retrieve this data as you have forgotten the passcode. If you choose to restore the iPhone to remove the forgotten passcode prompt then you will lose the data stored on the iPhone because it will be returned back to factory default.

If you would like to move forward with restoring the iPhone so that you are able to use it again, follow the steps of this provided resource: If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

Best wishes!

Forgot passcode on iPhone x !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.