You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to back up your phone after it is broken and the screen no longer works

I have smashed my screen on my iphone 11 Pro Max and cannot back it up as the screen does not work.

Can anyone please help?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 5:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 5:48 PM

There is no way to back it up now. You need a functional screen to input commands to back it up. As is always the case, backups need to be made, and kept up to date before something drastic occurs.

Contact Apple about a display replacement -> iPhone Screen Repair & Replacement - Official Apple Support

Often, if the damage is only to the display, Apple can replace that without affecting data at all. But note there is no guarantee that your data will not be wiped when undergoing any repair or service (Legal - Repair Terms and Conditions - Apple). Again, as always, backups are the users responsibility.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2020 5:48 PM in response to Europe20

There is no way to back it up now. You need a functional screen to input commands to back it up. As is always the case, backups need to be made, and kept up to date before something drastic occurs.

Contact Apple about a display replacement -> iPhone Screen Repair & Replacement - Official Apple Support

Often, if the damage is only to the display, Apple can replace that without affecting data at all. But note there is no guarantee that your data will not be wiped when undergoing any repair or service (Legal - Repair Terms and Conditions - Apple). Again, as always, backups are the users responsibility.

How to back up your phone after it is broken and the screen no longer works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.