You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 4 doesn't appear in Apple TV 4K list of devices

Minor issue but nevertheless frustrating. I cannot get my S4 Watch to appear in the devices list on 4k TV. It does appear to be connected though as I can remotely control the TV etc from the watch. My iPhone X is in the list along with iPad.

I have deleted the TV from the watch and reinstalled it but no difference, as well as unpairing the iPhone and reinstalling. I am also on the same wifi network. All software is up to date.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 8:32 PM

9 replies

Sep 12, 2020 2:29 AM in response to r1khil

Yes I can access music and photos for example and scroll through these and get them to play as well as the menus in the Apple TV main screen and Settings. Its not the smoothest process though and slow in reaction. On the Watch screen bottom left I have a Menu button, bottom right play/pause button, top left blue lines which return me to a Remote menu list and top right has the digital time.

I can also see when I am playing media a very blurred image of the photo or song album cover in the centre of the screen.

Just thought I can send you a screen shot. Hope this helps.

Sep 11, 2020 11:16 PM in response to r1khil

Thanks for your response and sorry I should have been more specific.

On the Apple TV its Settings/Remotes and Devices/Remote App and Devices, then the paired Devices list appears.

Under the instructions I have read to pair the Apple Watch the name should appear in the list of devices which I should then click on and get a code which then confirms the pairing. I have my Mac, iPhone and iPad showing on that list. I don't recall ever pairing the watch but I must have done as it can control the Apple TV.

I have removed the Apple TV from the Watch and then gone through the process again and it pairs again but again without appearing on the list.

Wild guess - because the phone is showing on there is that effectively also the pairing for the Watch?

Apple Watch Series 4 doesn't appear in Apple TV 4K list of devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.