You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone is set up apart from iCloud not downloaded, how can I now download my backup?

My phone is set up apart from iCloud not downloaded, how can I download my backup from iCloud?

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 3:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 4:19 AM

If you go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings it will wipe your current iPhone completely. When it restarts your iPhone during that process you will be asked if you want to restore a backup contained in iCloud.

This explains the process:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204184

(steps No. 1–7 on the top in that guide)

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2020 4:19 AM in response to Cravenda5

If you go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings it will wipe your current iPhone completely. When it restarts your iPhone during that process you will be asked if you want to restore a backup contained in iCloud.

This explains the process:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204184

(steps No. 1–7 on the top in that guide)

Sep 11, 2020 5:01 AM in response to Cravenda5

Great news!

To answer your question Apps are not stored as part of the iCloud backup.

They are reinstalled automatically from the App store as long as they are still available on the App store. You should though at least see greyed out icons on your home screen for them with an iCloud symbol? They will turn into full-color once they have downloaded onto your iPhone.

If you don't even have grayed-out icons for them though you will need to redownload them by looking at your purchase history or searching for them on the App store...but generally that shouldn't be necessary.

My iPhone is set up apart from iCloud not downloaded, how can I now download my backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.