You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with SMS between an iPhone and Android

I have an iPhone and I'm having a persistent issue sending direct SMS messages to Android devices. I've had multiple phones (and multiple SIM cards) and the issue still occurs. When I send an SMS message to an Android, it shows up as sent, but the receiver does not receive it. This happens when message(s) are sent to a singular Android device and a group of Android devices. I can receive messages from Android devices, but if I try to respond, the receivers report that they do not receive the reply. The only time an Android actually receives my message is if it's a group message to multiple people and there's an iPhone included in the group. I've spent countless hours on the phone with AT&T support and they have not had any solutions. Has anyone else had this issues? And/or does anyone have any innovative solutions? 

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 6:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 6:34 PM

Navigate to Settings > Messages and make sure that "MMS messaging" and "group messaging" are enabled. Can you send and receive images in the group chat? And do you receive replies from a group chat separately?

2 replies

Issues with SMS between an iPhone and Android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.