You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can’t activate iMessages and FaceTime with my esim

I can’t activate imessages and facetime with my esim. Otherwise my another sim was activated without any problems.

I have asked esim provider and they don’t see any problems with my esim. How could I activate iMessages and FaceTime with esim? Or that’s not possible to activate two numbers at one iphone?

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 1:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 2:13 PM

Once you activate the Messages and FaceTime apps with your Apple ID then both numbers (Physical and eSIM) should be available for iMessages. Both will be listed and you can choose one over the other to start the iMessages from. Yes it is possible to have both numbers active with the Messages app and iOS does a great job managing the two.

Axel F.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 7, 2020 2:13 PM in response to TDUA

Once you activate the Messages and FaceTime apps with your Apple ID then both numbers (Physical and eSIM) should be available for iMessages. Both will be listed and you can choose one over the other to start the iMessages from. Yes it is possible to have both numbers active with the Messages app and iOS does a great job managing the two.

Axel F.

Sep 8, 2020 9:03 AM in response to TDUA

(1) Sign out of Messages and FaceTime

(2) Force Restart your iPhone exactly as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(3) Sign back into Messages and FaceTime

Axel F.

can’t activate iMessages and FaceTime with my esim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.