You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

storage upgrade

hi i need to upgrade my storage cause i am not happy with my present storage so i hope you guys help me regarding this issue

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 3:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 3:31 PM

Welcome, vamshikrishna4092, to Apple Support Communities!

You are asking about «upgrad[ing] [your] storage».

Are you asking about upgrading your iCloud storage?

Or are you asking about increasing the internal, hard-disk storage of your MacBook Pro 13”?

You can certainly purchase additional iCloud Storage, an external hard-disk, or even a new, larger internal hard-disk. (The latter is the most “tricky”, because that is your Boot drive. You’ll need to take additional steps to set up a new Boot drive.)

Or, perhaps, are you asking about increasing how much RAM (Random Access Memory) you have in your MacBook?

That can also be upgraded.

So, could you help us know more about what you want to accomplish?

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2020 3:31 PM in response to vamshikrishna4092

Welcome, vamshikrishna4092, to Apple Support Communities!

You are asking about «upgrad[ing] [your] storage».

Are you asking about upgrading your iCloud storage?

Or are you asking about increasing the internal, hard-disk storage of your MacBook Pro 13”?

You can certainly purchase additional iCloud Storage, an external hard-disk, or even a new, larger internal hard-disk. (The latter is the most “tricky”, because that is your Boot drive. You’ll need to take additional steps to set up a new Boot drive.)

Or, perhaps, are you asking about increasing how much RAM (Random Access Memory) you have in your MacBook?

That can also be upgraded.

So, could you help us know more about what you want to accomplish?

Aug 25, 2020 4:18 PM in response to vamshikrishna4092

OK, vamshikrishna4092.

Upgrading the RAM is typically the easiest.

You will need to obtain the technical manual for your MacBook Pro 13” model.

That manual will tell you the RAM specifications you will need. (It will also give you the needed hard-drive specifications.)

Warning: some Macs do not have user serviceable RAM! Make sure you check the technical manual! Trying to upgrade, such, will void your warranty!

As I mentioned, upgrading the internal hard-disk is more involved than adding an external hard-disk.

If your internal hard-disk is a Solid-State Drive (SSD), finding a compatible SSD will be a bit more tricky. However, there are very good Mac aftermarket sellers that can provide great products.

In fact, if you are in any doubt about the correct RAM or internal hard-drive (including SSD), they can provide good advice on their products. After all, any good company knows they have a vested interest in your success.

Aug 26, 2020 8:58 AM in response to Halliday

vamshikrishna4092:

By the way, have you noticed that my first message to you was marked as having “Solved” your issue (I believe the option, to you, was worded something like “Answered [your] question”).

While my comment was certainly a response to your question, I’m sure we can agree that it hadn’t actually “Solved” your issue, at that point.

Although I don’t know if you can rescind (take away) your labeling of my comment as having “Solved” your issue, or not, I believe it will help others to “weigh in” on your issue if this question were not labeled as being “Solved”.

Besides, I don’t believe I have quite helped you truly “Solve” your issues, yet.

Of course, do with all this whatever you wish.

Aug 26, 2020 4:28 PM in response to vamshikrishna4092

Well, vamshikrishna4092, that does answer the question of the specifics of your MacBook Pro 13”.

Unfortunately, it, by itself, does not completely specify any upgrade paths, for your MacBook Pro 13”.

It is quite possible that there are no internal upgrades that are available, for your MacBook Pro 13”.

I recommend getting ahold of Apple Support (Get Support, in the upper right of this page), and see what they can offer.

storage upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.