You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have MAC OS version 10.9.9 "Maverick" I am unable to download, update or complete purchase.

I have MAC OS version 10.9.9 "Maverick" I am unable to download, update or complete purchase.

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 3:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 4:29 PM

As you can see from “Check compatability” here, your iMac is too old to use MacOS Catalina.

How to upgrade to macOS Catalina - Apple Support

4 replies

Aug 24, 2020 3:21 PM in response to MiniHusky

MiniHusky wrote:

I have MAC OS version 10.9.9 "Maverick[s]"

There is no such version. The last version of Mavericks was 10.9.5, released in late 2015-early 2016.

I am unable to download, update or complete purchase.

You have asked us to guess what you might be trying to obtain. We are also being asked to guess the age, model, and assorted hardware features of your Mac. Additionally, we don’t know the steps you have taken, messages you’ve seen, successes, failures, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.