You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outgoing email hangs Mail permanently -- too many photos.

I put 20 or so photos copied from Messages in an email to myself as a way to move them into Photos. The size was too big to go through my server. Mail froze and I was not able to click on anything in Mail. I forced quit it but as soon as it re-opened, the problem was still there -- the email I tried to send with the warning about size. I forced quit again and waited a half-hour and tried again -- same problem.

Mac OS Sierra. 10.12.6.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 5:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 6:49 AM

In Messages, click the background outside of the image. Then right-click on the image, and choose Add to Photos Library. If you right-click a second time on the image, a different secondary menu will appear that won't help you. In that case, perform the first two sentences again.

Similar questions

4 replies

Outgoing email hangs Mail permanently -- too many photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.