You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting folder with ? on screen after deleting my Macbook Air 2008

I tried hitting command and R but it didn't change things. How do I make it so I can add at least Yosemite?

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 1:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 6:18 PM

Do you have access to another Mac compatible with macOS 10.11 El Capitan so that you can create a bootable macOS 10.11 USB installer?

If not, then you will need to acquire a retail copy of a macOS 10.6 Snow Leopard DVD installer so that you can get macOS running on this laptop so you can later upgrade to macOS 10.11.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 17, 2020 6:18 PM in response to gaylegirl

Do you have access to another Mac compatible with macOS 10.11 El Capitan so that you can create a bootable macOS 10.11 USB installer?

If not, then you will need to acquire a retail copy of a macOS 10.6 Snow Leopard DVD installer so that you can get macOS running on this laptop so you can later upgrade to macOS 10.11.

Getting folder with ? on screen after deleting my Macbook Air 2008

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.