You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 freezes while on a call

Today, my iPhone 8 on iOS 13.6 completely froze up to the point where I could not do anything to end the call. I had to do a reset (hold the home button and the power button), just to reset so I could use it again. Now I am afraid to use my phone again because of this and I do not have the funds available to purchase a different model at this time. What could be the issue(s) that are causing this? Another thing, I have been freeing up space on my phone as well and the next day, without me doing anything, I go from over 1 GB to 340 MB overnight and I do not have automatic updates turned on. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially from Apple.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 2:04 PM

1 reply

Aug 13, 2020 11:33 AM in response to sps1980

Hey sps1980,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this trouble of your iPhone freezing during calls, and the storage issue you're having. Let's get the iOS updated to fix both of these problems you are experiencing. We have released a new version of the software (13.6.1) that should improve the performance of the device, as well as help resolve your issues. Make sure you have a backup first, and once backed up go ahead and get your iPhone updated:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if this helps, and we can go from there if needed.

Have a great day!

iPhone 8 freezes while on a call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.