You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

So my cousin lives in a different state and wants to use his Apple Music again since he cannot pay for It I offered to get the family plan so I can use it also. My question is can he access all his previous music if he accepts my invite or will it start fresh ???

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 5:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 7:08 AM

Depending on how long he's been without apple Music, he may need to start fresh.

While there is a grace period where Apple music playlists and songs may be retained the exact amount of time is unknown.

Its very possible, he may need to start fresh and regenerate his playlists and song downloads again.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 11, 2020 7:08 AM in response to ciarra259

Depending on how long he's been without apple Music, he may need to start fresh.

While there is a grace period where Apple music playlists and songs may be retained the exact amount of time is unknown.

Its very possible, he may need to start fresh and regenerate his playlists and song downloads again.

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.