You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch activity lost?

I had an iPhone X and Apple Watch series 4. The watch has cellular activated. I jumped in the pool with the iPhone X on accident. It’s dead. I decided to just use the Apple Watch until the new phones come out. A couple months later a friend offered an old iPhone 6 to borrow until I get a new one. I went to pair my watch with the phone and it seems I have to erase the watch to pair it. I’m concerned that I will lose all The activity data from when my iPhone X broke and now. Is there a way I can save that activity data on the watch so it’s not lost?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 8:42 PM

3 replies

Aug 11, 2020 6:26 AM in response to Funinabox7

Normally you would need to unpair it from the old iPhone and then pair it to the new one or, in your case, pair with the new phone which you would set up from the backup you made of your old phone. The problem is you won't be able to back up all of your data from now until you get a new iPhone. You might want to consult with a Tier 2 Apple support person to see if they know of any workaround or look for a used iPhone SE or 6s to use in the interim.

Watch activity lost?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.