You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrongly sent texts on iMessages

Hi there! I’ve been receiving iMessages that are not intended for me for months now. How do I stop receiving these messages?

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 8:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 8:19 PM

First, when you open iMessage, open the conversation, then tap on the icon at the top of the screen, then the "i" button labeled as info, click on the phone number/name, the scroll to the bottom and tap the button that says "block this caller".

2 replies

Aug 9, 2020 8:19 PM in response to Mel2287

you cannot stop them... unless it's from consistent phone numbers, then you could block the number(s).

You can turn on a switch in Settings > Messages called 'Filter Unknown Senders'. This will make it so that texts from numbers not in your contact lists won't produce a notification and you can also sort them out in Messages.

Wrongly sent texts on iMessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.