You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost storage while deleting windows 10 drive on BootCamp

I was using both Mac OS and Windows 10 on my system. My MacBook is 2011 model. Anyways, Windows 10 was running out of space and had some virus issues. For this purpose I wanted to increase my space and reinstall Windows. I went on BootCamp for deleting windows. There was an error but BootCamp windows drive wasn’t showing in finder and on BootCamp. When I check my Disk Utility it also showed no other drive and my Mac OS’s drive didn’t showed any increase in storage. Therefore 60GB is missing. I also checked my BootCamp is I can still change booting is to windows but I couldn’t. What should I do ?

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 2:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 10:37 AM

If Boot Camp Assistant isn't working, then you will need to erase the whole drive and reinstall macOS or restore from a backup.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208496

Make sure you have a good backup before erasing the drive or you will lose all your data.

1 reply

Lost storage while deleting windows 10 drive on BootCamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.