You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why I can’t download an app to my device

Why I can’t even download any app to my device but it kept make me to pay for every app?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 4:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 5:20 PM

I don't fully understand your question.. but I can take a guess.

You need to have a payment method set up in your Apple ID account even to download free apps because many of those free apps will have in-app purchases or trial subscriptions.

So you can add a payment method to your account and then download free apps. If they are truly free, your card won't be charged.

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2020 5:20 PM in response to meleane32

I don't fully understand your question.. but I can take a guess.

You need to have a payment method set up in your Apple ID account even to download free apps because many of those free apps will have in-app purchases or trial subscriptions.

So you can add a payment method to your account and then download free apps. If they are truly free, your card won't be charged.

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Why I can’t download an app to my device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.