You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X: Waveform not showing

Hello, ever since I started recording with Logic Pro x, the waveform has not showed in the audio region. I’ve tried refreshing overviews, but the button is grayed out so I am unable to select it.

Also, when I open project audio in the window tab at the top of the screen, nothing appears even when I click update file information.

Also, my recording delay is set to 0 so this doesn’t solve the problem either.

Any help is much appreciated.

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 11:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 2:21 PM

You can use volume automation for example.

Here a link to the corresponding section in the user guide. The user guide is also available under the Help menu item and in the Apple Bookstore (free)

https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpro/overview-lgcpb1a1ea03/mac

WD

9 replies

Aug 5, 2020 2:00 PM in response to Wilddrums

I want to be able to show the waveform of the tracks that I've recorded through the MIDI controller, so that I can use the Fade tool to fade out the the audio at the end of the track.

Everywhere I've read has told me that I need to be zoomed in enough in order to see the waveform of the audio tracks, but even when I zoom in I still cannot see the waveform in order to use the fade tool, for example, to fade out the audio of the whole track at the end of the song.

Thank you

Logic Pro X: Waveform not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.