You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unexpected shut down iPhone XR at high battery percentage

I have iPhone XR.

I am facing unexpected shutdown problem very frequently and that too at the battery level of betweek 45% to 60%.

And my phone bettery health is 96%.

Can any body help me?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 11:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 12:01 AM

No sir there is no such alerts and now the device shuts down on high battery level i.e. above 90%

I have already tried to reset settings but didn't work then I have resent the phone but still same problem. Phone shut down randomly. And starts only when I plug in the charger.

I don't understand what should I do. Please help me as I have purchased expensive Apple product first time in my life and now thinking that my decision was right to go with well reputed company or not?

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 22, 2020 12:01 AM in response to jdo_apple

No sir there is no such alerts and now the device shuts down on high battery level i.e. above 90%

I have already tried to reset settings but didn't work then I have resent the phone but still same problem. Phone shut down randomly. And starts only when I plug in the charger.

I don't understand what should I do. Please help me as I have purchased expensive Apple product first time in my life and now thinking that my decision was right to go with well reputed company or not?

Jul 31, 2020 2:27 PM in response to KikaniG

Welcome to Apple Support Communities KikaniG!

We see you are having some trouble with your device powering off randomly and want to make sure we help get that resolved. When you check the battery health are you seeing any alerts for those shutdowns as well?

Try following the steps in this article under the "Preventing unexpected shutdowns" section: iPhone Battery and Performance

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208387

Let us know if the issue continues and we can move forward from there.

Unexpected shut down iPhone XR at high battery percentage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.