You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I could not use my last back up because it require password and I don't remember putting a one!

suddenly my iPhone enter recovery mood and when I connected it too iTunes it restored to factory sittings and now Im trying to backup my last backup into my phone but I could not because it keeps saying incorrect password and I DONT REMBER PUTTING A PASSWORD FOR THIS BACK UP HELP

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 12:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 12:26 PM

Unfortunately, if you don't know the password for an encrypted backup, it's unusable.

You had to have turned on encrypted backups at some point and set a password. It can't set itself.

2 replies

I could not use my last back up because it require password and I don't remember putting a one!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.