You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can an Apple Watch with GPS + Cell be used only with GPS?

So, I would like to buy an Apple watch, however being on a family plan I have not yet gotten the approval of the account holder to have an extra ten dollars added to my cell plan which I was told by Verizon (my carrier) would happen once the watch is paired with my phone.

Is there any way to buy the watch and have the cell portion of it not activated until my account holder is in a good mood? Haha Or if I were to buy a GPS only version, would there be no extra charge?

I'm sure others have asked this, but I just want to make sure before I make a purchase.

Thanks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 8:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 11:58 AM

yes, that is possible. You do not have to activate the cellular service on the watch for it to work properly.

1 reply

Can an Apple Watch with GPS + Cell be used only with GPS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.