You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock for international use

Hello,

I tried to unlock my phone for international use in two ways: first, I took it to a cell phone company and over two weeks ago and they told me it is still “pending” second, I called my carrier three days ago and they told me they would put in a request to Apple . I still have not received confirmation. I cannot call because I have left Canada and my SIM card is not working here. How can I unlock my phone so that my sim will work?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 1:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 1:26 AM

If the iPhone is locked to a specific carrier, ONLY that carrier can unlock it, if you're eligible.

Neither we, just user like you, nor Apple can do anything to solve that problem. See also this support guide:--> How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier – Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

1 reply

Unlock for international use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.