You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Eliminate Other storage

There is 58 Gb of "Other" storage on a 128Gb drive. How do I get rid of most of the "Other" I have deleted Trash, caches, and everything else I could find, however that only recovered 2Gb of storage space.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 9:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 9:45 PM

The "Other" portion of your storage contains miscellaneous data such as browser cache, browser history, stray documents, messages, etc. The simplest way to free up space is to launch the System Information app through your applications folder. Once System Information is open, press the "Command" and "U" keys at the same time. A storage management page will appear. From here, you will be able to view all of the files that are hidden within the "Other" category. For example, you can click on the "Documents" tab and delete what you don't need.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2020 9:45 PM in response to GoForTech

The "Other" portion of your storage contains miscellaneous data such as browser cache, browser history, stray documents, messages, etc. The simplest way to free up space is to launch the System Information app through your applications folder. Once System Information is open, press the "Command" and "U" keys at the same time. A storage management page will appear. From here, you will be able to view all of the files that are hidden within the "Other" category. For example, you can click on the "Documents" tab and delete what you don't need.

Eliminate Other storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.