You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods and "in ear detection" with iPads

I have a newish pair of Airpods, the "in ear detection" works perfectly when used with my MacBook Air or my iPhone 8 but not with my iPad MC979B, anyone know why or have had the same problem??

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 12:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 3:42 PM

Thank you for your quick and very helpful answer, I thought the intelligence lay within the AirPods themselves and the iPad was merely a transmitter obviously I was wrong but thinking about it how would the iPad know to 'pause' the music rather than to 'mute' it? A very helpful answer that solved my query.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2020 3:42 PM in response to sberman

Thank you for your quick and very helpful answer, I thought the intelligence lay within the AirPods themselves and the iPad was merely a transmitter obviously I was wrong but thinking about it how would the iPad know to 'pause' the music rather than to 'mute' it? A very helpful answer that solved my query.

Airpods and "in ear detection" with iPads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.